Friday, December 19, 2008

Yucky Numbers

1 - number of calls to the Diabetes Emergency phone line at Children's Hospital.

4 - number of sites I had to put in the boys' back side.

1 - number of shots the boy had to get - in addition to his pump sites.

1 - an hour the boy had to have his sugar checked.

2 - number of sites I left in the boys backside....

1 - how many sites I hoped was working.

5 - number of times the boy vomited or dry heaved in a 5 hour period.

1 - number of brothers that were puked on during the above process.

3 - number of sheets that were changed in the middle of the night.

5:30am - the time that mommy went to sleep on Thursday night.

8 or 10 - inches of snow we got that night

239482 - number of times, the thought "I'm going to have to take him to the ER" went through my head.

HI - number the boys monitor kept reading for his blood sugar (in layman's terms - sugar over 600).

5.5 - number of hours it took to get the sugar down...

450 - Blood sugar number that made me happy - just to see it was coming down!

3 - times I checked ketones and found that haunting dark purple color.....

1 - brave 5 year old.

Countless prayers said that night for God to bring his sugar back down....still praising that He did without major medical intervention!

1 comment:

H. said...

How scarey that must be for you...I'm glad his sugar came down..he's one brave little boy!