Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas...what a sweet celebration this year!

Matt and I decided, early on, that we were going to scale it down a bit. Several things played a factor in this decision....first of all, our boys are horribly spoiled. There is nothing they need. They have almost everything they want. Secondly, I feel like we are robbing our kids. I fear, they will loose site of the true reason we celebrate. Thirdly, we don't have the money to do it this year, like so many others. Lastly, because I fear that I am loosing site of what Christmas really is and to quote Faith Hill, how, "A Baby Changes Everything".

I think, all in all, we did a great job! Our families kept it all down as well. We even scaled down how much running around we did! We still managed to see almost our entire family...and will have seen them all by Saturday! The boys had a great day...opening, playing and eating! Daddy and mommy had fun too!

Christmas Eve night was spent, feeding reindeer and hanging stockings...then of course we spent the rest of the night. The first wake was at 11:30 when the oldest boy made a trip to the bathroom and a pit stop in the living room to ask is Santa had come. The night continued like this...a wake at 3, 5:00, 5:30, 6:30...I think we held them off until 7 am!

At 5am, I walked through the living room, minus my glasses, and saw a tiny blob sitting on my chair. I walked over to see my middle son, curled up with a blanket and a book, sound asleep. If it wasn't 5 am I would have taken a picture...it was too sweet AND too early!

We spent time enjoying each other and our families. We had a dozen or more sweet moments and a ton of sweet food! I'll share more through the week!

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

H. said...

gotta love the early Christmas morning awakenings (and the one before midnight) too cute!!

Targetshopper: said...

awe, that's so cute that he was asleep in the chair! I'm so glad that you had a great day full of great memories.