Sunday, December 28, 2008

Not Me Monday...

It's time again...for another installment of the not Me's (is that a word)?!?



I did not, briefly consider, taking my tree down on Christmas Eve...then reconsider when I couldn't think of how to explain to the children why Santa would take the tree down.



I also, did not type this blog at midnight on Sunday night, because I was awake. I never stay up late because I have three small children to care for in the am.



We did not loose power for the 15 hours on Sunday. Our power never goes out...seriously, it's only gone out twice.



I did not have children wake up before 3:30am and ask if Santa came. Whose kids get up that early!?!



I did not spend hours making Borax snowflakes, while the kids just watched. All our crafts are geared toward the children and I'd never pick a craft that needed boiling water.



I do not still have a glass container on my dresser, holding what looks like the beginning of rock candy...almost a week later.



I did not get news from my family, that should have shocked and disappointed me, only to respond with..."I'm not surprised"...that would just be wrong.



I most certainly, did not skip dishes and laundry, two nights in a row to watch movies with my husband. That would be irresponsible and just create an even bigger mess.



I also did not let my husband convince me to not do the above mentioned things with the excuse of .."but it's Christmas".



I definitely didn't eat at Sonic for the first time with my husband and NOT have a milkshake....isn't that what everyone gets there? Isn't that the point of Sonic?



I also didn't take a quick run into the grocery store while on a date with my husband. Who does that?!?



During the grocery run, that I did not make, I didn't tell my husband that we HAD to get milk, only to come home and find a gallon of milk in my freezer....I always know what's in my fridge and freezer.

2 comments:

H. said...

What flavor milkshake did you not get? Love your new blog background...I wish I knew how to dress mine up a little bit...do you have to pay???

My Kids Mom said...

H...it's free! Cutest blog on the block is the name of the website