Saturday, December 13, 2008

The middle boy, and I had a conversation on Friday about the "tooth fairy". He had to get a tooth pulled. He fell almost three years ago while running down the driveway to hug his grandma...I remember it like it was yesterday! Finally, the tooth had died and basically hollowed out. He bumped it again on Thursday and the actual tooth started bleeding. I wasn't home at the time, but Matt told me it was some serious bleeding! I didn't know a tooth could bleed, but apparently it can. I could go into a long discussion about how it bleeds, but I will save that for another blog. For anyone who knows me...teeth gross me out. BIG TIME! I can't handle loose teeth - it makes me gag. I know it's odd, but I can't do it, so this whole tooth pulling thing was not exciting for me. The boy on the other hand was thrilled...odd, I know!

Someone, who shall remain nameless Auntie Sarah, told the boy that if you get your tooth pulled you get $10 from the tooth fairy. WHAT?!?! The tooth fairy didn't give me $10 for my entire mouth of teeth. I informed the boy, that OUR tooth fairy didn't give that much for a tooth, regardless. I did however take him for several treats.

One stop landed us at Walmart. I allowed the boy to pick a $10 toy.... I told him that the tooth fairy just would leave something small since he picked his prize...our conversation went something like this....

Boy: Mom, you can't talk to the tooth fairy.
Mom: Yes, I can, mom's can talk to Santa, tooth fairies, etc.
Boy: NO YOU CANT! You can't call, write notes, email or TEXT the tooth fairy!

Yes, my 5 year old son, told me I can't text the tooth fairy.

He was also overheard telling someone at church that he got to pick out three new trains for just one tooth, got to eat ONLY a frosty for lunch and got 1 dollar and two circle monies for his tooth! He is too cute. His biggest brother is a bit jealous that his teeth are all still intact...poor kid!

1 comment:

H. said...

I have to agree with you on teeth and the process of them falling out being a little creepy...remember feeling the soft little blood clot bump with your tongue after losing a tooth?? Ugh! :-)