Monday, December 22, 2008

Not Me Monday

In an attempt to bring humor to the embarrassing moments in life...I did not do the following things....

I did not have to give my son, 5 shots in one night (4 were site changes) in an attempt to bring his sugar down, only to realize two days later that the tubing was wrong on the new site....that would just be irresponsible and I NEVER make those kinds of mistakes....

I also did not hold that same 5 year olds head over a trash can and not let it up on several occasions during the night while he screamed "I'm done puking" - in between heaves.

I certainly did not tell the above mentioned child that if he puked anywhere but the toilet or can again he'd have to clean it up...because that would be mean.

I also, did not laugh at the fact that my son had puked all over his baby brothers bed at 2am...because that would be crazy. Who would laugh about having to change two kids and two sets of sheets.

I did not hope that my oldest would have a snow day on Friday so that his Christmas break could be one day longer - who wants there kids home an extra day!

I did not make two of my boys take off all their own snow gear because it was too cold to stand by the back door and help them....that would be lazy.

I most certainly did not laugh hysterically, in the grocery store, with my mom this weekend. We did not have people look and stare at the two grown woman laughing at the cow and duck key chains that made noise...that would be silly.

I definitely did not rebuke myself for thinking that my kids didn't get enough for Christmas this year...because I'm not that shallow and know that ANYTHING is more than enough for my spoiled little ones and I also know that we are working to teach them the true meaning of the holiday.....

I also did not tell my husband the place, name and style of the drinking glasses I want to Christmas. I'd be thrilled with whatever he chooses!

This week was FULL of Not Me moments....I certainly haven't forgotten most of them though.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I love it! That darn flu bug! Hope everyone feels better for Christmas :)

H. said...

I certainly did not read your blog at work today and I did not find it amusing in the least :-)

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I also am not reading your blog at work - I don't do things like that...

You are an amazing mom for being able to laugh in the face of puke, that is a talent I wish I posessed, Lord knows we see enough puke around my house!!

Anonymous said...

I had a not me moment today and I told David I have to go home and add it to your not me moments...while at the doctors today with David. I did not reach down to pick up and envelop and flip the chair down on top of myself, while trying to get up I did not get my foot caught in my purse strap cause me to fall straight on my face. My husband who was on the examining table did not laugh at me...that would be mean right?

Debbi