Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today, while driving to the evening service at church, S and I had a little conversation. One that started out a bit odd...with my asking the boys if they thought I was a good mommy. Thankfully, they answered yes!

I then asked them if they wanted a different mommy sometimes. S said no, but then thought about it for a minute. He then asked if he could live with grandma and grandpa part of the time. I laughed and told him no, but felt slightly special when he told me he'd call me every night to say "goodnight"! Such a thoughtful boy.

We then proceeded to chat a bit. A conversation that went like this:

S - Mommy, when I'm older, I won't live with you anymore, right?

M-Yes, bud, you'll live on your own, or with your own family.

S - Do I need to buy a house before I PICK someone - yes, he said pick someone!

M- Well, bud that's a good idea, but you don't have to. You will have to get a job first.

S-What about a car?

M - Yes, you'll also want to have a car.

S- Can I live in the house by myself for a while before I get a wife....

M- I told him that would be fine if that's what he wanted to do.

He thought for a minute....and his answer made me smile..."I think I'll do that mom, live by myself for a while, because I could really use some time by myself".

He then proceeded to ask me, if I will be AS OLD AS grandma and grandad when he has his own house and wife. I told him yes...I'd be THAT OLD (47 & 49). He asked if grandma and grandad would be "well you know..DADE" I think he was spelling dead and assured them that they would most likely still be alive, as they are not that old, but that detail was up to the Lord. He's such a smart boy. He's a deep thinker. i'm so proud of him!

No comments: