Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finger What?

My middle son, M, has come up with some interesting things in his five short years on this earth. The latest may take the cake. Before I tell you all about it, let's take a short minute to review:



He used to cry when his older brother told him that his imaginary trains crashed. I would tell him over and over to just imagine that they didn't crash...but it never worked.



He once had an entire conversation with a Roleypoly bug. He then told my husband to talk to the Roleypoly and tell it to stop looking at him. Yes, that's right, "Daddy, tell that Roleypoly to quit looking at me".



He went through a phase were he insisted that we call him Thomas and he called me by my first name all the time.



The list could continue on forever, but my mind can not. Lately though, we've reached a whole new level.



While shopping in Target, he came up to me and introduced me to his "finger family". Yes, his finger family. He ticked off everyones name one by one..."this is mommy finger, daddy finger, S finger, M finger, O finger, and George the cat finger".



He proceeded to tell me all about each finger and have each finger say hello. He held them up for the duration of our trip and stopped to show me how they can stand up and lay down. I just nodded and laughed thinking it was a short lived thing.



My husband called me later that evening while I was at work to ask me if I had been introduced to M's finger family. I assured him I had. He also wanted to make sure I saw all that the finger family could do. Standing up, sitting down, etc. I assured him I had...we both just laughed and reiterated how M is definitely our "special child".



This morning, M's best buddy (who happens to be his cousin), walked in the door. His finger family didn't want to say "hello" to best buddy. He told his finger family that he would give them all a dollar if they said "hello" - and I have no idea where he would get the idea to bribe his finger family with money. I never do that.



His finger family said hello to best buddy and M gave them a dollar - but not before he explained how he was ripping the dollar up into tiny pieces, so each family member could have money for shopping.



Yes, folks, that's my son and I love him. Finger family and all.

2 comments:

H. said...

ha ha I needed this today :-)
He will be so embarrassed someday when you tell his girlfriend about his finger fam.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth, or should I say Max...I also needed it I am trying to calm down before bed and I think it worked. Thanks Debbi