Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You Know you have sons when...

You walk into the bathroom and are greeted by...a large toy gun. A gun, that I DID NOT purchase for my son. Nor, was it one I approved of. My boys, of course, think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

There is always a pile of dirt, somewhere in your house. I sat on the boys bedroom floor tonight to read a book and was greeted by a nice sandy pile...from what - I don't know.

You have trains and Hotwheel cars everywhere. The van, the diaper bag and even my purse!

You can always find my brush and hairspray - something that I know my mother never had the luxury of - with 4 daughters!

There are rocks sitting on your counter. It has been there for almost a week. It's a "souvenir" I was told, brought home for me, from the ongoing construction on our road. Daddy took them for a walk while I was at work and Sammy brought it home for me. Sweet thought....

You can NEVER find a screw driver...never! What they do with them, I don't know, but they take them somewhere.....

You find a rubber mallet in my van. Why????

You overhear conversations between your boys about bodily functions.

You actually catch your children having a "pee race" - let your mind wander and that's what it is.

You have to break your child of the "peeing outside" habit.

You've taken a child or three home from church soaking wet because the puddles in the parking lot were just too tempting.

You never have children with clean fingernails...it's impossible.

1 comment:

Nichole Babin said...

I just had to share this, because I think one of my boss's would have to say you know you have grandson's when....A little background, his step-daughter gave up custody of her two children to him and his wife, so his is playing dad/grandpa. Anyways, the youngest grandson is sick today and his wife has business with clients today, so she could not stay home with him. Well, he decided to bring him to the office while he worked. He had our office manager buy some crayons and she also bought a truck for him to play with. Well in 5 minutes he got very attached to the truck, but had to use the restroom. As my boss is taking him to the rest room, I hear him say, I can hold onto it and a toy at the same time! I could not help by start laughing. My boss of course did not agree and the truck had to stay, but girls don't have anything to hold on to, so this would not even come up!