Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mouths of Babes

Tonight, I had to go to a site in Milan and train a new employee. Unfortunately, I had to miss church and of course Matt was speaking tonight...go figure.
While I was working, my friend, Amy called me. She teaches the two older boys during the service. She told me she had to tell me a story...
She was talking to the kids about Christmas and how they were all going to start to make presents to give to people...things like that.
Max, immediately, raised his hand and said:
"Miss Amy, I already know what I am going to buy my grandma, DIAPER CREAM."
She said, he was dead serious. He didn't smile, laugh or look for any sort of reaction. She didn't know what to say...before she could say anything else another little boy shot his hand up and said:
"Oh, yeah, diaper cream...my mom wears those adult diapers sometimes too".
Miss Amy quickly ended this conversation! All she can figure is that he meant pads, as we know the other boys mother and are fairly certain she doesn't wear adult diapers....
Max on the other hand, had no rhyme of reason for his comment. Now you know why he's so often referred to as our "special child". This comment, from his mouth, was not at all surprising. In his little mind, there must be some reason that grandma needs diaper cream....at least its a cheap gift.

Sam got the "chicken pox" note sent home from school yesterday, just weeks after the "lice" note...man, did that make homeschooling look good.
While we were driving, I was trying to get Sam to tell me if it was a kid in his class that had chicken pox - not that it mattered...I was just curious.
Sammy went into this discussion about two boys named Dillion and D (something). He told me that one of them had the chicken pox but that he didn't know which one, because they are twins. He then told me that they look just alike and are identical..that makes them triplets. I tried to explain triplets to him, but he kept insisting that because they looked alike they were triplets...he got frustrated and asked to stop talking about it - Matt asked me to stop talking about it too!

No comments: