Wednesday, April 1, 2009

About A Boy

The child, the middle child, our sweet little, M...he is...unique, to say the least. He has a wild and wonderful imagination. He finds joy in some of the simplest things and often cracks us up.

Just the othe day, he built this ornate looking structure out of wooden blocks. It was lovely. He was mumbling something under his breath the whole time and chattering away. He is usually talking so we don't always listen constantly. I apologize if this sounds horrible or mean, but he really does talk non stop.

After he was done building he told us he made an airport out of "useless junk". We laughed and he was proud.

The other day, the "finger family" reappeared. They had been on a bit of a "Holiday", I gathered. Well, why the "family" was chatting with my nephew the other day, I asked Matt, where is family had been. He informed me that they had been staying at an "EXCLUSIVE Hotel" on a nice family vacation. Where the child comes up with these things, I will never know. Needless to say, he has an extensive vocabulary.

Today, my mom gave him a box of Peeps to eat. With M's love of all things junk, I figured he'd eat them all or at least try to eat them all in no time. Boy was I wrong! He carried those Peeps around (after eating half) and talked to them and about them. He named them and renamed them. He told stories about them and the things that they did. He told me, grandad, grandma, Aunt Sissy, the dog, the couch, the chair, the wall...you get my drift...he talked about these things non stop. He was quite upset when his youngest cousin ran off with the Peep he had affectionately named after himself!

This is our boy...and we love him!

No comments: