Saturday, February 21, 2009

Surprise

Not a party...nope, I know I'm having a party. I specifically asked to NOT be surprised on my 30th. I am not a huge surprise fan and to be quite honest, I'm very difficult to pull one over on. I someone can mange to figure out surprises, no matter how hard everyone tries.

I have been surprised a few times in my life...I had a surprise going away party when I left for college, a surprise 19th birthday party, and I was legitimately surprised when Matt proposed. I was also surprised twice...with pregnancies, but those hardly count!

Today, at 11:20am, which is when I woke up, my husband and three sons brought me my first birthday present of the day. I was officially surprised by it! I got my camera, which was FAR more expensive than it should have been, and thought that it was plenty. My sweet and loving husband thought twice. Let me just say, his thought was a phenomenal one!!!!

He, put together all of my blogs, from July of 2006 on and edited them to make a book. He put a cover on it and all! I have 2.5 years of blogs in a 368 page book! I could not been happier. We had talked often about printing it and saving it for our boys to have, since many of the blogs are about them. I am not a big scrapbooker, although I love it, I just can't seem to find the time to fit it in or the money to spend on all the supplies. For under $40 I can have, on paper, a legacy of our life. I am so thrilled!

So thank you Matt! You managed to surprise me again! I love you!

2 comments:

Erin McG said...

Aw, how thoughtful! What an amazing gift! Take a picture of it. I want to see :). Happy Birthday my friend and welcome to the 30's club.

H. said...

what a cool 30th birthday present!! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!!