Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Mud Magnet

We had a bit of a heat waver here in the North, the last two days. It was a welcome change! 56 degrees was a far cry from the -17 we had not long ago!
S is enjoying his new found freedom in walking home from school! He is officially a "big boy", at least in his mind. Thankfully, the school is a stones throw from the house and I can see him the entire time he's walking.

His walk was relatively uneventful, if you discount the large rocks I saw his throwing into a puddle near the road! He had a great time stopping and watching things, looking into the creek and attempting to NOT step in puddles.

It came time to cross, and me, being the genius that I am, told him to cross where he was standing and not worry about walking to the park driveway. He started to run across the road and the rest is...well a mess.

Notice in this picture, not my handsome son, but the large, mud filled median. Since the road construction early this winter, we have lots of mud still.


I noticed he was stuck, and immediately grabbed my camera. I took it out with me to try out my new camera and lens outside. I'm so glad I did. By the time I stopped laughing and was able to focus the camera he had one foot out of the mud.


He just kept pulling and trying and pulling and trying. As you can see, his feet were definitely sunk in that mud. I started to cross the street and get him....


and he freed his other trapped foot!


He quickly darted across the street, with his mud laden tennis shoes! He was less than thrilled that his good school shoes were full of mud. Mind you, had he gotten his shoes muddy of his own accord he would have been fine with it!


The muddy hands - from removing......


The muddy shoes! No worries though, the mud came right off those Sketchers and look as good as new!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything to use that new camera!! Awesome blog by the way!! hahahaha

Natalie said...

what a good mommy grabbing the camera, I always forget mine and now it's lost. That's a lot of mud. WOW ! our yard does look pretty muddy since when CA does get rain that's about all it does for my backyard, and the worms my cherubs like to adopt as pets.