Friday, March 20, 2009

Update

S wasn't feeling well one day this week. He had thrown up and when I asked him how he was feeling, he responded with the following: "I don't feel like I'm going to throw up anymore, BUT, my back feels like it has no spine, and my arms and legs feel like they have no bones". I'm guessing that was a clever and smart way to define feeling weak or achy.


O has taken to throwing things at his brothers when he gets mad now. He gets in trouble for it every time, but still insists on doing it. He threw something at his brother today. I walked into the room and he immediately looked up at me and said "No pank me mumma, I no throw". He knew he was in trouble as soon as I walked in...mumma didn't pank him either, but I did have some stern words for him. It was hard though to mask the smile on my face!

One of my sisters and I did the seasonal clothes sort yesterday. Talk about a mess! We dumped our loot in the middle of my living room floor while the babies napped. It was an ungodly amount of boys clothing! It always seems to be too. We have 5 boys between the 2 of us and they are all under 7. All their sizes are different too so it work out well in that clothes department!

By the time we were done sorting we each had a fall bin and two summer bins for the kids! We also had a LARGE black trash bag full of clothes to give away. We were to the point where we were giving away cute clothes because we already had too many cute clothes!

I've been babysitting several of my neices and nephews for my sister lately. She works midnights as a nurse and sleeps for a few hours while I watch the kids. She is wonder woman. How the woman works midnights, keeps an incredibly clean house, and has five children, I will never know. She's my younger sister, but I'm quite certain she could teach me a few things!

While watching her younger children is a handful, it often provides me with some funny situations. Their are also many that make me want to pull my hair out by the handfulls, but that's another blog.... Most recenlty, my three year old nephew, has taken to telling me; "Fine, I'm going home, and I'm not your best friend", when he gets in trouble...can you tell who has older sisters!?!?!

All in all, that has been my week in a nutshell...my life really. I love my simple, boring life!

No comments: