Friday, March 27, 2009

Favorite Foto

Each time I see this picture I smile. It doesn't matter what state of mind I am in or what is going on. It just makes me smile!

M, myself and my only brother, were ordering sushi at a great little sushi bar in South Florida. The little Japanese woman behind the counter, kept insisting that we were ordering WAY to much food for three people. We told her M wasn't eating any and that my dad was - who is no small man,was.

She continued to add and multiply, showing us her results and trying to explain to us how we had far too much food. I tried to explain to her that we LOVE sushi, that in the North where we live, it isn't all that easy to come by (at least at that time it wasn't).

I finally told the women to just have the sushi chef make the rolls and that were going to give her money in exchange for this excessive sushi order. She walked away muttering something about us ordering too much food....just so you know, it wasn't too much food. We ate and thoroughly enjoyed every morsel of that yummy sushi. One day, I'll tell the story about the little Japanese woman who took my soy sauce away and told me I had enough....that one was in LA though.

No comments: