Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Me Monday

My not me moments have not been overabundant this week....

I have not, not had time to post a blog in several days. I'm never that busy.

I did not, tear up at the movie, The Secret Life of Bees. I don't cry at movies and have ice water running thought my veins...at least according to my dear husband.

I certainly did not, doubt my mother's intuition this week, and not take my son to the potty. I never doubt myself.

I also did not, grab my almost three year old son out of the pool and dash to the pool bathroom....because I didn't doubt myself remember.

I DEFINITELY did not, take my son's swim trunks off, and watch in horror how a large pile of poop fell to the bathroom floor....because I didn't doubt myself.

I also did not, shush my son, as he declared loudly, "I poop in the water".

I did not scramble to clean up the floor, rinse my son's swim trunks, wipe down his bottom and tie off the bathroom trash bag and replace the bag with a bag, that I was praying was at the bottom of the can...because I don't doubt my instinct ever.

I did not thank the Lord that their are family restrooms where these things can be done in private!

I also didn't have friends over for dinner this week for the first time and upon serving some delicious homemade lasagna, have one of the friends pull a long black hair out of his food. He did not, not eat his dinner after that. I never get hair in the food I cook and always wear a hair net....

We did not laugh so hard with our friends that came over that I almost peed my pants. I never laugh that hard and certainly do not have bladder control problems of any kind!

I am not, not writing any more of my not me moments because I fear that you will think I am some sort of slacker mom or crazy woman!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you posted this I get a laugh out of these all the time. You are superwoman...Always willing to help babysit, sweep a house etc. I value your friendship.