Saturday, January 16, 2010

Not so Fast

Every Friday, I go to the boys school and help. We spend most of our time in M's classroom. Since he's in Kindergarten, it's more O friendly and his teacher doesn't mind if I bring him. We have been doing this, every Friday, since the beginning of the year. O has, on a few occassions stayed with my mom, but for the most part always comes with me. He's like the little class mascot. All the kids love him and M's teacher is super good with O and really patient. She lets him join in the circle time if he wants and most nothing in her classroom is off limits for him.

Honestly, O kind of has the run of the school. Mrs. S., M's para, has snacks for O when he wants them, he once fell asleep under a table in the office copy room, and just this week, I couldnt' find O for a second, and found him in the hallway being pushed up and down the corridor by the schools principal, Mr. C!

This Friday, O was searching frantically for his "train pack". I helped him find his train backpack and he packed a few trains and then instructed me that he needed a drink and a snack to put in their. I put them in, he put his coat on and then wanted to carry it on his back like his brothers.

We got to school and went about our morning routine. O even made the penguin craft I was making with the kids. He will be a pro a the whole kindergarten thing when it's his turn...well, hopefully anyway!

The kids were talking about lunch and O told me he wanted to but pizza in the lunch room with his brothers and he informed me that he would be staying at school. My heart sank. I am SO not ready for another one to go to school! It's hard enough having the older two away from me all day long. I like having my little buddy with me during the day. He's good company and gives me someone to talk too...or at least talk at.

The good news is, when I said it was time to go, O was more than happy to grab his pack, wave bye to his brothers and follow me out the door! Thankfully, he still has two years until he starts school!

1 comment:

Erin McG said...

Sounds to me like it's time for another baby :).