Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mommy Brain

Sunday, we were trying to get out the door for church. I was finishing up a few things in the house and I told the boys to go outside and get in the van. Matt and I walked out and as I would have expected, the kids were not in the van. They had found a large patch of ice and were skating around on it.

As Sundays seem to go, I was not in the mood for disobedience, I shouted for the boys and it sounded something like this: "Get in the GARAGE right now". Only I didn't hear that. I heard, in my head, "Get in the van". The boys stopped, looked at me, and then resumed their ice examiniation.

I of course was furious and yelled: "Get in the house....I mean...van...right now". They loaded in the van. Meanwhile, Matt is standing outside the van door, laughing hysterically. I was not laughing, until he told me what I said.

He informed me that I told the kids to get in the garage...no wonder they didn't listen to that one. Somedays, I'm not so sure I'm not loosing my mind!

No comments: