Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pudding, Phrases, Persistance and Plights

While at my nieces Kindergarten graduation this week (why do K5's have a graduation ceremony anyway? It's kindergarten. You learn letters, eat snacks and make crafts), O had to go potty. I quickly snatched him up out of the pew and jogged with him to the potty. He informed me that he didn't want help and that he could "do it myself". I left him to it and decided to take advantage of the potty break myself. I walked back over to his stall and found him perched, rather precariously, on the toilet. As I reached to help him, he fell in. I started laughing, he did not. I grabbed him and placed him on the floor. I noticed his poor shirt was soaked in the back...he didn't seem to mind. It then took me a moment to figure out where the lovely "floral" smell was coming from. It was O. There was a hanging toilet bowl thing in the bowl and he must have landed on it. It was fun to take him back into the ceremony soaking wet and reeking of toilet bowl freshener.

S, is still having a difficult time adjusting to...well, life really. Everything seems to be a huge ordeal. Life has seemingly dealt him a bad hand and he's quite verbal about it. If this is six, what will sixteen be like?!? Please, if you know, don't tell me!!
The other day, his cousins were over visiting and I heard yelling and screaming. This is not an unusual event for this batch of cousins. We spend a ton of time together and they tend to behave more like brothers and sisters, than cousins. S comes storming up the stairs and says to my husband:
S: "Dad, wheres your phone. I need it now"
M: "What do you need my phone for?"
S: "I'm calling the adoption place to come and get me"

My first response was: "Let me look up the number for you", but I refrained.

Today, O was eating chocolate pudding (yes, I'm sure it was chocolate pudding). I gave him a spoon and let him have at it. I looked over after a minute or so to see him covered in pudding. I had given him a spoon and reminded him to use it. O's response was: "No poon, eat with hands", and he went back to it. None of this would have been a huge deal had I not JUST gotten him dressed for the day.

M, bless his sweet, unique little heart, is still stuck in the Transformers costume phase. He is persistent too. I've gotten him out clothes daily, encouraged him to wear them, even offered to help him change. He insists that he's fine in his Optimus Prime suit and will just wear that. He has even made a small hole in the suit so his insulin pump can fit through. That way he doesn't have to take it all they way off to get dosed. He has it all worked out. Today, he spilled on it. He told me that was ok, because tonight at bedtime he would just take it off so i could wash it. I thought that meant we could wear something else tomorrow... He corrected my thinking and said...that way it will be all clean for me to wear tomorrow. Maybe, it won't be clean in time. This suit, is the second one. Grandma, bought him a new one this week at a yard sale...thanks grandma. Thankfully, he's been leaving the mask at home - although he told me he was going to wear it on our trip to Kroger for milk later.

Just a few moments in our life!

No comments: