Monday, May 4, 2009

My Little Writer

The sweet boy, whose handsome face you see, wrote two things in his journal at school that made my heart glad. We've been going through such a rough spot with him lately and reading his journal entries made it seem a zillion times better!

One day he wrote the following(I have included my edits for your reading ease, as not everyone speaks/understands First Grade English):
Friends should be nice, be friendly, and be kind to one another. Because God likes that. That is the rule of life!

My child is a bright little man. It made me so proud to read it and I loved his teachers comment: "I like how you wrote that!".

His next post and his teacher's comment.....I was beaming folks and so thrilled with the classrooms that S has been placed in these last two years. We've never made a request, but we have prayed each year that he is placed in the right class. The Lord has answered our prayers and so far, his two teachers have both been believers!

Journal Entry 2

In the sky, I see Jesus. He is on my side. He loves me so much.

His teachers response was simply this:"He sure does love you so much!!"

Seriously, could it get any better!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! Great writing your both are doing a great job raising all the boys...and I know you look to God for guidance.

kirsten said...

i ended up here from heather's blog and just wanted to let you know we haven't done the teacher request thing either. we've left it in the Lord's hands and He has been so faithful. glad to find another mom who feels the same on that issue!