Wednesday, November 19, 2008

About a boy

While shopping at Target today, we had an accident, well two actually.

My middle man, was walking towards me and totally wiped out! He fell to the ground and landed in a heap on the floor. He looked up at me, as well as did the other shoppers, and just stared.
I tried desperately not to laugh as I told him to get up off the floor and come stand by me.
Mind you....he was just walking. Not running or jumping, walking.....and then he fell. That's it - nothing else was involved.

We gathered ourselves, I managed to get Mister middle, composed and we headed toward the shampoo....harmless enough right?!? WRONG!!!

I still am not sure how it happened, but I turned in time to see the following events:
1 - lady bumps into boy.
2 - Boy falls to the ground
3 - Boy hits his head on the corner of the shelf
4 - Boy falls, directly under woman's feet - who happens to be a bit older..like in her 60's....
5 - Woman proceeds to fall in what seems like a slow motion scene in a movie!
6 - Woman catches herself, before hitting the ground, on the pointed arms of the chap stick display - all the while, boy is laying underneath her feet and legs.
7 - I stare on in horror and disbelief at the scene.
8 - I grab the woman and help her upright herself - while boy is still laying on the floor.
9 - I ask her 15 times if she's ok and apologize profusely for my sons not paying attention.
10 - She looks at me like I'm crazy and tells me to get boy off the floor and wants to know if he's ok.
11 - I pick boy up, rub his head and assure the woman that Max is fine and that this event isn't unusual for him.
12 - I attempt to make boy apologize to the woman and she apologizes profusely.
13 - Woman starts to walk away and I ask...just one more time - if she is ok. She assures me she is and goes on about her shopping.
14 - Boy tells me that his head hurts...I try not to laugh.
15 - Boy quickly forgets his head hurts and realizes his pump has fallen out of it's pouch and is hanging by the tubing....new drama ensues....

This is my life with my middle one. He's always in his own little world and just a wee bit clueless about the common sense things in life - but he's brilliant.

No comments: