Thursday, February 11, 2010

Target Shopping 101

I was shopping at my favorite store: Target. I just had O with me. The older boys were playing Wii at grandma and grandads. I was sent on the mission to pick the PERFECT treat for Valentines Parties at school.

For M, we decided on candy bracelets...who doesn't love a delicious piece of jewelry. For S, we picked a nice combo bag of Skittles and Starburst. Both boys have peanut allergies in their classroom, so we shyed away from the chocolates, just in case.

I was looking and pricing like a wild woman. The boys don't have small classes. They are large. This means buying multiple bags for each class. This makes me and my wallet very unhappy!

I finally found what I wanted on the top shelf. I reached up to grab a bag and the whole silver rack, that keeps the LARGE supply of candy from falling off the shelf, fell to the floor. O started laughing at this point...

I reached down to grab it and put it back...before I could pick it up off the floor, the bags started falling...first one bag, then two, then five, ten...and so on. It was a big candy mess. Of course, seeing as Valentines day is a matter of days away, the aisle was quite full too.

One lady, no lie, turned her cart around and walked away. One lady laughed...as did I. Another lady, smugly said to her young son: "It looks like SOMEONE is having a whole lot of trouble over there"...I just smiled and started picking up my candy. One older lady made her grandson help me clean up the mess.

The story in itself would be funny...but what makes it even better is...smug lady, walked over to the shelf next to me, reached for a bag of candy, her shelf holder thing fell off and so did her WHOLE shelf of candy...I smiled and walked away.