Sunday, February 14, 2010

As We Age

I was reading a friends blog about getting older...ironically enough, she's much younger than I. I was thinking about getting older and remembered, that in the last few years, I have had several...Man I'm Old, moments.

One of the funniest moments was when we were at Cedar Point with friends. We used to go to that theme park and spend hours riding rides and playing games. Barely stopping to eat and staying at the park until close and not wanting to leave. This time, we loaded up early, before dark in fact, and drove to find a place to eat. Our kids whined about the early departure, but we promised ice cream so that helped! We sat, exhausted and starving at the restaurant. We complained about how thirsty we were, how long the lines were, how our feet hurt and then we looked out the window and laughed at our matching mini vans, parked in the parking lot!

I have now become, glaringly aware of the fact that MANY doctors are now either my age or YOUNGER than me! When on EARTH did that happen!?!? I remember thinking when you must be an OLD man/woman to become a doctor! It takes YEARS AND YEARS of schooling to become one, so you must be old and haggard to be a doctor! Now, I am shocked at not only how young they looks, but how old, and insulted they are, when you ask them how old they are!

I know wake up with random aches and pains. Things that didn't hurt the night before, hurt when I wake up in the morning. Things hurt...I actually limp and or hobble for a moment, hunched over just a bit, until I feel like I can stand up straight and walk like a human again.

I no longer am able to ride roller coasters or any other type of "spinny" ride. Spinning or being upside down is not my friend. In fact, even to spin my kiddies around in a circle causes some serious dizzy/nauseated spells!

I have found myself, on many, many, occasions, saying, "TURN THAT DOWN".

1 comment:

suzanne said...

Ryan always says, "If it's too loud, you're too old!"