Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hair Dont's

I was "styling" S's hair this morning before church. He asked for a mowhawk...no problem, I told him. Thankfully, "faux hawks" are equally in style right now, a little gel and hairspray and we were set.

After I was done doing his hair, he told me that some boys wear their hair long...like to their shoulders. I told him that was true. He then informed me that when he's a teenager, he wants to wear his hair like that. I told him, when he was a teenager that would be fine (I didn't have the heart to tell him that with his hair, he's more likely to just grow a GIANT afro, than long hair).

I also informed him, that he would be wearing his hair long like that, any time soon. I don't have a problem with long hair on boys, I just don't prefer it on S. M has had long hair off and on for years and I like it on him. S's hair really does grow kind of crazy...

He walked out of the room and announced he was going to grow his hair like that as soon as he was old enough and that he wished I'd let him grow it long now...I told him to just enjoy his faux hawk!!

No comments: