Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just One of Those Things

Yesterday, I had one of those days. I woke up feeling "funky", thrilled that the boys AND Matt had a snow day, but less than thrilled to be babysitting. O had a much needed dentist appointment scheduled for that afternoon, and Matt and I worked it out so that Ella would be napping and the 4 older kids would play, while I took O to the dentist.

O and I left 30 minutes before the appointment, just in case the roads still weren't clear. We had no problems navigating the roads and made it to the building with 12 minutes to spare!

On the drive there, I noticed that our windshield wipers weren't working well AT ALL! In fact, during the drive, the drivers side one ripped almost totally off! Thankfully, I had a new set of wipers in the van. The passenger one has been "going" for quite some time, and I picked up a replacement a while back...we just still haven't replaced them because...well, that's how we roll around here.

O was sleeping in his seat, so I decided to take a few minutes to change the wiper...well friends, I am normally quite good at things like this. It's nothing for me to do these simple tasks. How hard can it be. HARD FRIENDS! It took me the entire 12 minutes to get the stupid thing where it would at least "wipe" and not fly off the van while I was driving.

I woke O up, got into the building and realized I'd gone to the wrong place. I rushed back to the van and started off to the RIGHT building. I called to tell them I would be a few minutes late for the appointment and they told me I'd have to reschedule. UGH!!! I tried not to be frustrated when the receptionist told me: "Next time, make sure your on time"...I wanted to ask if the dentist was going to be on time to see us when we got there and not make us wait for a half hour...but I refrained.

Out of nowhere, the tears started to flow. In a matter of seconds I felt like the biggest failure. I'm not sure why, but I felt like a horrible mother. O, so needs to see a dentist for his "crazy" tooth. Thing is nasty and I'm quite sure it's rotten. I kept driving, while crying, which I don't endorse. Then out of nowhere, I started gaggging...and coughing...and gagging. All of these things are normal when I cry. I'm not at all a pretty "crier". It's a nasty, hot mess for sure!

Thankfully, we are pigs and our van had a McDonalds Sweet Tea cup in the cup holder...it still had ice in it...but that didn't matter. I grabbed that puppy, right in time to throw up into it! I decided at this point it would be good to pull over.

My nearest stop was an RV Center! I pulled into their FULL GLASS front building, jumped out of my van and continued to vomit all over their driveway! I stood there until I was certain I was done. I walked to grab some fresh snow to at least cover my mess and realized I also now had a bloody nose! This is an evil trick that my body likes to play on me sometimes...I throw up...and get a bloody nose! It happened all the time when I was pregnant with O. Not pretty...puking and bleeding. NICE COBINATION!

I cleaned up as best I could and drove home. I apologized to O half a dozen times for not going to the appointment (that he cried about going to). O, yelled to the front seat: "You got puke in your mouth"...and I just nodded yes. We drove home in silence.

It was one of those days. Remarkably, I felt a ton better after my mini nervous breakdown!!

No comments: