Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seriously Clark?!?

Sometimes, my days are filled with nothing. Dull, boring, mundane, nothing. I sit on my fat butt and stare. I look out the window, I read a book to O, I pick up dirty clothes, I make lunch, I sit on the couch some more, I play on the computer, I watch tv, I yell at O, I help the boys cross the street after school, I listen to tales from their school day, I yell, I sit some more, I throw together a meal, I sit some more...see, nothing exciting.

Some days are SERIOUSLY full and busy. I run non stop, from place to place, appointment to appointment. We go full throttle sometimes. Some days are just regular...a little busy and a little dull, all at the same time. I like all of these days. Sometimes, a dull day is especially nice, after a succession of busy ones and vice versa! I enjoy the down days more when Matt's home with me though!

Some days/weeks around here are filled with things that only happen in movies or in silly story books. Others have often commented on how "funny" my tales are. Most of the time, we find them funny too. Maybe, not at first, but afterwards we sit and laugh! Most times, I really do laugh at the things that happen around here...otherwise, I just might have a nervous breakdown and cry!

There was the time that I plugged the sink so that I could fill it with water. My plan was to mop the floor. My children had another plan. I had a serious breakdown of the chain of command. The kids took over...momentarily and it was BAD! Once the situation was dealt with, I walked back into the kitchen to the sound of a waterfall...only, I don't have this type of "water feature" in my home. In fact, I don't have any type of water feature...unless you include my bathtub. I turned the corner and saw the kitchen sink over flowing. It was a water fall...only, it was flooding my wood floor. Laminate wood floors and water are NOT friends. This situation was not immediately laughed at...now, it's funny though.

I can't tell you how many times I've over flowed out laundry tub. A stray sock that lands in there...a forgotten wash cloth, etc. These times were not always "no biggie", especially, in our old house. It was a first floor laundry...the "flood", leaked through the wall and into our new carpet and padding. Not funny at the time either.

More recently, there was the nervous breakdown I had while driving. It involved, gagging and puking and a bloody nose. I puked in a the snow in a parking lot...a small parking lot, that was not far from the glass front RV center. I bet the employees enjoyed that one...van pulls in and they think, A CUSTOMER. WRONG!! Fat lady exits vehicle, red swollen eyes, holding a McDonald's cup that SHOULD be full of sweet tea, but is only full of...icy puke. Woman begins to heave in your parking lot, then her nose starts bleeding....yikes! I'm just thankful, no one came out of the place to see if I was ok. That would have been had. I actually got in my car, once the breakdown was over and started laughing. Yes, laughing.

Extremely recently, was the cat drying incident. Upon discovering a load of towels and sheets that were left in the dryer for several weeks...or days...lets go with days, I closed the door and turned the load on the "fluff". Our dryer is old. It's been "fixed" several times now. It looks and sounds old too. I heard a funky, thump, thump, thump, and just assumed the towels had gotten wrapped in the sheets and formed that "ball" that sometimes happens. I thought I'd give it another second to see if it worked itself out...thump, thump, thump...thump. Nope. I almost walked upstairs and decided I'd better untwist the sheets or they'd never dry right. I opened the door and MUCH to my surprise....out CAT JUMPED OUT! Yes, he hopped right out of the dryer, looked at me with a confused look on his face, and RAN AWAY! I laughed...a lot. I went to check on the cat right away, and once I determined that he was indeed ok, I gave him a kitty treat, told him to stay out of my dryer, and sent him on his way.

The next night, our oldest son, yes, our OLDEST son, blew up our extra television. The power button is missing and he thought it would be a wise idea to stick a long piece of metal in that hole. He's lucky he didn't get seriously hurt. Where the long piece of metal came from, I couldn't tell you. I have a house full of boys...these weapons and such, come from places and things I didn't even know existed. In fact, they have been known to use those cheap white curtain rods as hockey sticks....or guns.

We got caught in a traffic jam last night. We hardly ever experience them on the way home...our house is a ways from the BIG D, so we have less traffic going south than we do north. Last night there must have been an accident and we arrived, just as the slow down started. Out of nowhere, M, starts having a fit. He was convinced we were NEVER going to make it home and that we wouldn't be able to get back to our house. We were sad for him at first...then annoyed at the whinning. After being assured we'd make it home for the 15th time, he seemed to calm down...only to start crying because he was thirsty...he's SIX folks. Six. That's not a typo...he's SIX, and he was crying because he needed a drink....but not so thirsty that water was what he wanted.

I'm hoping the rest of my week will remain relatively non interesting. I'm not sure I can handle any more "fun" days.

No comments: