Saturday, September 26, 2009

Simple Life

After 6 years with more than one child, I now am back to a full day with only one little one - except for the days that I babysit.
I had little time with S alone. 13.5 months to be exact. I spent nine of those months bent over a toliet puking, but that's another story...
I had little recollection of life with only one child. My days have been spent with at least two little ones for as long as I can remember.
Now, it's just me and O...and I'm shocked at how suprisingly easy and smooth our days are. He's my little easy going buddy. He rolls with it and goes with the flow. We've been able to take naps together, watch cartoons, clean a bit, go to the store, and even had our first lunch date the other day, granted it was Taco Bell, but O enjoyed his "cheese taco, cimanin twists and black pop", which is translated to a cheese roll up, cinamom twist and a pepsi - yes, Pepsi.
O is horribly spoiled. His older brothers hadn't even tasted a soda at his age...he asks for it daily.
Since it has been just me and O, I now know why only children can be so easily spoiled. It's so simple to only buy one treat, one book, one of everything! It's a lot cheaper than buying things in threes. I'll have to keep this in check before my sweet, easy going boy, becomes a big monster.
I love listening to his sweet little voice chattering away while he plays trains and pretends to be a conductor. Today, we had a conversation while eating lunch. I asked him why he wasn't eating his spaghettios...he infromed me that: "his mouf was broke", he told me: "it wasn't broked to talk or eat his butter bread". It was just broke to eat his other food!
He's such a sweet little boy, we miss our brothers horribly during the day...in fact, after a few hours O starts asking for them. It is nice to have the two of us alone all day though!

No comments: