Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On Saturday, we took a trip to tour the Henry Ford Estate...it's beyond gorgeous! My mind tends to wander and can only imagine what life must have been like in this mansion and on the beautiful sprawling acres. The man was a genius - pure and simple. He had a channel made that led to a boat dock under his house. He powered his house using the water from the Rouge River...not to mention that whole car thing he came up with....

Before we toured the estates and grounds (which by the way is free), we walked the nature trails at the U of M. The boys love doing this, especially since their daddy used to do it when he was a kid. They had fun spotting deer, chipmunks and other wildlife. I had fun, NOT freaking out when a snake slithered in front of me...I am not at all a girly girl and can be seen catching bugs FOR my boys, but something about snakes....EEEKKK! I loved this shot in the clearing.

We had a wonderful picnic lunch and I made another attempt at capturing some pics of the boys. I am still in awe of the fact that, I, Beth, get paid good money to take pictures of other peoples children. People are happy with the pictures I take....children smile, look sweet and are generally cooperative for these shoots. My children on the other hand...are not. I did get a few good shots - considering I took 550 pictures that day, a few were warranted.

It was a wonderful and relaxing time with the kids...except for the time that I actually stompped my foot in frustration - much like a 4 year old - because the kids wouldn't smile or look at me at the same time!
The curiosity that my boys show about the outdoors is so refreshing. S, loved looking at the uprooted trees, fallen limbs and rock bridges. M, loved looking for acorns to collect and had fun spotting chipmunks. O, just ran, tripped, and ran some more. He would not stop, despite our protests, touching each and ever leaf along the trail! Poison Ivy and Oak are no strangers in this "neck of the woods" and O didn't seem to care about it's possibly presence!
I am so blessed to be mommy to these boys and to share their lives with my husband!

2 comments:

suzanne said...

CUTE pic of the boys! Kids NEVER sit still for their parents, it's a fact.
Glad you had a fun weekend!

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear your household has already been struck by PCS (Photographer's Child Syndrome). Too bad they catch it so quick. ;) They are adorable as always, though. :)