Monday, August 16, 2010

Things a 4 year old MIGHT....

I have three boys...that means I'm on my third, four year old, male. You'd think one would have the hang of it by now...not so much. O, he's a unique kid. Totally different than his older brothers. He reminds me a lot of myself. He's really laid back and kind of goes with the flow. He isn't picky about food - If I eat it, he will too. The child has no fear. None. He's a monkey.

He has recently acquired a skill. A funny one. A painful one for me though. He has learned, with one jump, to land on my shoulders. It's really funny at first...by the 57th time he's done it, it's painful.

The child is unable to sit still ever. He jumps on the furniture...all the time. He climbs over everything. He jumps and spins and flips constantly. I think he may need to join gymnastics.

I have seen the child actually hanging from the handle of the Walmart cart...upside down. I turned to grab something off the cart and found him hanging upside down from the handle by his legs. Yep...that's my kid.

Just this week, we had our first incident with the EMS...ever. I left the gas can out in the driveway. O decided it would be a good idea to use the hose to fill the gas can with water....this resulted in a SCREAMING four year old, a panicked mother and a house that stunk like gas for 24 hours.

To make a long story short, he is fine. His eyes suffered no damage. My heart didn't fare as well!

Last night, he announced to his daddy...."You shouldn't put Tinker Toys in your pants". Good advice.

He's recently started telling us...I missed you! This phrase of course melts our heart!
This child is on the go. I'm going to have to tie him up.

1 comment:

H. said...

I always look forward to your posts :) Glad your little guy is ok, his guardian angels are sure in for a LONG ride :)