Monday, May 10, 2010

My Three Reasons



These three boys are the reason why I get to celebrate Mother's Day! My sweet little boys!

I am so thankful for these children. I begged the Lord for a baby after I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy...on Christmas Day. We struggled for a year to conceive again, with no success. After a simple test, the doctors informed me that "they had no idea how I ever got pregnant the first time" and that with these results the possibility of us conceiving without some SERIOUS help was 99% IMPOSSIBLE!

Three days after we were told these "results", I was able to call that doctor and inform him that, we serve the God of the 1% and that I was indeed pregnant!!

The last 7 and a quarter years, I have spent with a child outside of my womb, have not been without difficulty. There are MANY trying times with my boys...daily...hourly some days. I struggle, like many mothers to overcome the "mommy guilt", that comes along with parenting.

I often tell Matt that I'm worried we are "messing them up", in the worst way! I can only hope that the Lord will continue to honor our heart and we can continue to strive to raise three Godly men!

1 comment:

H. said...

from all blog and facebook indications...you are doing a fantastic job raising 3 boys that will love the Lord and others! Keep up the great work!! Oh, and tell me about the yellow color of the wall behind the boys...I've been searching for that color for my kitchen.....