Tuesday, March 9, 2010



Sweet S, was so excited to go to church on Sunday morning! Our pastor, asked if S, would be interested in going on stage and shooting some soccer balls into a goal. We had a missionary in, from Vapor Ministries. He was helping to raise funds for their ministry, which builds sport facilities in extremely poor towns, as well as fresh water wells.
For every goal, that S and another girl, kicked in the net, the church would dontate 5 soccer balls. They kicked 10 in. S was soooo excited!
While we were driving to church that morning, I called my mother in law to let her know what was going on. Since my father in laws fall, she hasn't been able to make it in for service. S, heard me talking to her and chimed in from the back...
YEAH MOM...CAUSE I ALWAYS HELP POOR PEOPLE!!
I then told him, that we aren't supposed to brag about helping people. We do it because it's the right thing to do.

After church, we were talking to the pastor and the missionary about how well S did. I was saying that I wished S would play soccer again this year, but that he doesn't want to play. S gave pastor a high five and told him:
I don't want to play soccer, but, I'll break out my soccer skills for this!!
Yes, my son said...break out my skills...nice!

No comments: