Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Growing Up

My babies are growing up...WAY TO QUICKLY!

We just had to buy S, some new clothes. If it isn't holes in the knees of his pants, his pants are too short on him. This seems to be a trend for him..buy him new clothes in the Fall - buy him the next size in the winter. I love that he's still not picky about what he wears. There are a few things, I know he won't wear to school, but other than that, he'll wear whatever I set out for him.

M, has taken to a new "fear" thing. I'm not sure where it's come from, but he's afraid to go in ANY room alone. I feel bad for him, but struggle to not be annoyed when he won't back to the entry way to get his coat by himself.

When we were talking about fear, we were remembering back to some of the things are boys have been afraid of...ants, birds, balloons, spiders, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, ANY costumed character really, these little "playdough" characters that used to sing on Nickelodean. Lots of fun things. One of my favorites, was when S, insisted he had a family of bears that lived in his bedroom. He was right around 3 at the time. The most "challenging" fear, was O's, fear of balloons...that was just obnoxious. Birthday parties were a nightmare. We had to walk on the far side of the hallway if a store had balloons in the entry.

The other day, I was dancing in the living room. I was messing around with the younger boys and doing silly dance moves - as if I know any REAL dance moves - S, looked at me and asked me to stop. I told him no because we were having fun. Then he pulled out the big guns..."Mom, your embarassing me"...WHAT!!?!?!? Have we already reached that point.

While playing cars with the boys, the informed me that I wasn't doing it right. When I apologized, S, told me, sweetly, Mom, don't worry, your only being about 2% annoying. Good thing, I was only being 2 percent annoying...Sheesh. I'm not looking forward to the day when I'm going to be 100% annoying!

No comments: