Monday, June 28, 2010

Strange Kroger Shopping Lady

While picking up some more overpriced food for our new healthy lifestyle, I heard a voice say: "Do you really?". An audible voice. Not one in my head. A real live voice.
I continue to look at my peanuts, checking carbs (for Max's diabetes), protein and calorie count for Matt and I, and am just about to place them in the cart when I here: "Do you really?", even louder.
I look up to see a woman standing next to me and looking right at me. I politely asked her, "Are you talking to me?" and the following conversation takes place:

Lady: "Yes, I'm talking to you. Do you really"?
**I look at her, at my jar of peanuts, back at her and dumbfoundedly answer:
"Do I really what....need these peanuts....yeah I kind of do."
Lady: "No, love your husband" "Do you really love your husband"?
WHAT?!?! I look down to realize I'm wearing my shirt that says I LOVE MY HUSBAND across the front.
I quickly answered that yes, I do in fact love my husband very much and that he's a great guy. She looked at me, turned and walked towards the wine aisle saying nothing else.
Alrighty then strange Kroger shopping lady.

1 comment:

H. said...

haha how bizarre :)