Friday, June 25, 2010

It's Summer

I know because:
*My bathtub is regularly coated in dirt and sand now.
*I have counted swimming and playing in the hose as a "shower" on more than one occasion.
*Their is always a grass trail from the backdoor to the refrigerator and the bathroom.
*I have found wet underwear on my porch on more than one occasion...I've actually had to ask "Whose underwear are these and who isn't wearing any?", more than once.
*My children have had freeze pops before 10am more than once.
*I've found cups in the fort of the swing set"
*We are ALL covered in more mosquito bites than we have skin.
*I regularly brush dirt and sand off my kids sheets.
*Our boys now ask why they have to go to bed when it's still light out.
*I hear "CAN WE PLAY IN THE WATER", before my eyes even open in the morning.
*There is constantly a pile of wet swimsuits in my bathtub and no towels in my closet.
*My children have gone outside in their jammies to play.
*We have had to search more than once for shoes in the yard.
*I've had many instances of shrieking children because bees are chasing them...yes, I have boys...don't ask.

No comments: