Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Silly Sayings

My kids make me laugh...they also make me want to cry, yell, pull my hair out, etc. O has this adoreable little way of saying things, mostly things that are sassy, and it makes Matt and I laugh. At least for now. We are certain that in a few short years, it won't be funny any more. Like when we tell O, please don't walk across the top of the couch - that is pushed up against the windows - because it isn't safe. O's reply: "I cannot fall". Or the conversations that go like this, O, please put your glasses back on...where are you glasses...and his response is: "I did not hide them mommy"....funny and cute now, but I can see into our future and almost hear our sixteen year old son...and somehow it isn't so funny.

What was funny was S today. He was getting dressed for school and I was helping him. He told me he wanted to wear a belt to school. He found a belt, tucked his shirt into his jeans and came to show me his new look. I had to hold back a chuckle at his look...he had tucked his bulky shirt into his slim jeans and looked..well...silly. I of course assured him that he looked handsome. The response I got was unexpected, but horribly funny. He told me: "I know I look handsome, I just looked in the mirror and ALMOST WHISTLED AT MYSELF"!!

S HATES when people laugh at things he says, unless, he is telling a joke, and it took everything Matt and I had to not laugh hysterically!!

And M....M can't stop acting like a Transformer long enough to say much...everything has to do with Transformers. Even getting dressed involves sound effects and songs!

My boys do make me laugh!

No comments: